Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some Final Words For You

Chased a million words around a page
Tried to put this all into perspective for a number of days
Sitting here in my favourite place
(you know the one, I told you about it remember)
With the crescent moon for company on this clear autumn night
I feel the surrender place its cloak around me
The letting go has arrived

And I wonder what Cummings and Carver and Thomas would say
How would they view love now
In this technology based age
What words would they use to sculpt and to paint prose on a page
About how some use love over cable and cam

I got taken for a ride but maybe I didn’t
Ahhh the deception of heart people play
Hear me call you my darling in these next few lines
(I know they were you words for me with a rose and a kiss)

To feel anger
To feel betrayed
That would be to easy my darling and perhaps was your aim
(Yes I concede you nearly had me - I have danced a little with anger in recent days)
Are you a misogynist or someone who just got burnt
And does not know how to blend life’s trials and pain
So now treats love with callousness and cold disdain

I am learning my lesson
Know matter what I or you or anyone says
You reminded me that clenched fisted hearts do exist
But are not worthy of my world and or my time or my soul
And as all my past makes me stronger
So you are now becoming another blessing
In this classroom called life
A willing student these days am I

And as you know
(for I spoke of my past to you in detail)
There have been much more malevolent souls than you
Who have tried to tear at my heart and my essence
And so this is the last of my moments I give you
Dramatic these words maybe but I can do darkness as good as you
I just chose to express mine then let it go
To fly free and not to chain or restrain or play heartlessly

So thank you, I had forgotten how to embrace my vulnerabilities
A part of me awakens again to resonate and soar
Be well and may the light one day touch you consciously

No comments:

Post a Comment